Vtg Estate Meerschaum Gourd Wood Carved Calabash Lrg Horse Pipe Sherlock Holmes For Sale
- Please note that I know NOTHING about pipes, other than what I read on while researching to list this item.
- Beautiful pipe purchased at yard sale in Sioux City, Iowa. I am not sure about the material the pipe is made of - possibly meerschaum or wood? I believe the style is called calabash gourd? It is carved with a running horse, some trees or woods and a barn or house / building.
- There is some damage to the pipe - includes some fine cracks and loss of material in places - please see photos! I am guessing the stem goes with the pipe as it goes in easily part way, but I do not want to force it (made of wood or some type of plastic)- I am listing as a separate lot3 other pipe bowls (including a large carved deer / buck / stag hunting scene) and some other stems that I purchased along with this pipe. Also listing separately several pipes from an estate sale in Omaha, NE.- see red verbiage below for a more detailed description of my other listings.
- Very large and heavy - weighsapprox. 184 grams not including the stem. Measures approx. 4-3/4" by 3-1/2"
- Dime not included - pictured for size reference only.
- Please see the other separate estate pipesI currently have listed:
v Vtg estate Meerschaum wood carved Lrg pipe lot Deer Stag Buck Hunt Clay briar
v Vtg estate briar wood carved pipe Butz Choquin St Claude France viking norse god
v Vtg estate briar wood hand carved Tobacco pipe fish frog signed SM WS figural 3
v Vtg estate briar wood hand carved Tobacco pipe cowboy horse rodeo western bronco
v Vtg estate lot briar wood Tobacco pipe Davids Exclusive London England Dr Grabow
v Vtg 5 estate lot briar wood Tobacco pipe Italy Signature Imported Signed
- If you buy any combination ofthesepipes, I will be happy to combine shipping, but please wait until I invoice you in case I have to combine insurance or change the size of the box.
Please look at the pictures I have included to judge the condition for yourself and let me know if you have any questions. Please note also, that the flash and close-up function of my camera shows all of the dust, etc. which is not visible to the naked eye. Thank you.
Please read: I sell a large variety of things that I think are interesting and will appeal to buyers. I cannot be an expert on all of these items, but do a lot of research (including other listings) and will do my best to describe them including what I have found through my research – if a piece of information I have provided through my research is important to your purchase, please make your own independent verification as to the validity of that information. Also, almost every item I sell is vintage and therefore will probably include the usual wear that you would expect to see in a vintage item – I do my best to point out anything that is noticeable, but please do not expect to receive a “new” item. All that said, I do accept returns as I want happy customers, as indicated in my “Return Policy.” Thank you and happy offerding.
Payment: I only accept PayPal. Payment must be made within 5 business days of sale close. After 5 business days the item may be re-listed.
Shipping: I will ship only within the United States and I only ship priority mail. All items will be shipped within 3 business days of confirmation of cleared payment. Estimated delivery based on seller's handling time and the shipping service used. Seller is not responsible for shipping service transit time. Shipping includes insurance.
Return Policy: I want happy buyers and attempt to itemize any flaws in the item I am selling. However, if for some reason you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact me by e-mail within 3 days of receipt of your purchase and return your item(s) in its original condition (buyer responsible for return shipping cost) within 14 days for a full refund. Thank you.
This item has been shown 0 times.