William Hunter Sterling Melon Teapot With Floral Finial Fully Marked 1849 720g
This item has been shown 0 times.
William Hunter Sterling Melon Teapot With Floral Finial Fully Marked 1849 720g:
WILLIAM HUNTER Sterling Melon teapot with floral finial fully marked 1849 720g
On offer here is a spectacular William Hunter sterling teapot in melon form adorned with a floral finial and embellished with a bright cut stag on the side. I'm clearing out my storage and am selling a number of small pieces and lots with . Please note the shipping charges prior to making a offer. The costs of private shipping from South Africa can be high depending on the weight and dimensions of a piece or pieces.
William Hunter Sterling Hallmarked Teapot with Bright cut Stag, 1849
Lion passant hallmark: .925 sterling
Uncrowned leopard head: London 1822 – present
Queen Victoria I duty stamp: 1838 – 1890
William Hunter maker’s mark: reg. 1884
London Date letter “O”: 1849
Bright cut engraved stag
Full hallmarks struck to the base of the teapot (WH, lion passant, uncrowned leopard, Queen Victoria I duty stamp)
Hallmarks struck to handle (lion passant and uncrowned leopard)
Hallmarks struck to finial (WH, lion passant, and uncrowned leopard)
Hallmarks struck to interior of lid (WH, lion passant, and uncrowned leopard)
Weight: 720 grams or 23.149 troy ounces
Size: 28 cm length; 15cm height; 18cm across (12cm diameter foot)
Condition: Overall very good. Small dent to spout near mouth and on lid, abrasions to lower portion of melon lobes.
Here are my standards for sales and general information:
1) Honesty and integrity are the benchmarks of my business. I list pieces as accurately as possible. In the event that my knowledge is limited, I engage in due diligence to collect expert opinion and insights when possible. If you believe my listing is somehow inaccurate, I would appreciate your comments via messaging. If my efforts to learn about a piece have fallen short of my standards, I indicate this in a listing.2) Non-payment is a serious inconvenience for both the buyer and seller and will automatically open a non-payment case against all buyers who fail to make payment within 72 hours. If you cannot make payment in 72 hours, please let me know prior to registering a offer or offer to purchase. I am happy to work with clients who are serious collectors.
3) I accept Paypal. This ensures that your interests, and mine, are protected.
4) Handling time is generally 24 - 48 hours, depending on the size and value of a piece. Handling time commences from the time of payment received.
5) Shipping costs are estimated. If calculated or estimated shipping costs are higher than actual costs, I always refund the buyer the difference. I never profit from shipping.
6) Valuable pieces are always shipped with tracking, insurance, and signature confirmation. Please request a quote prior to making an offer to purchase of registering a offer. Shipping costs can be very high, especially for large, heavy, and/or rare objects. These costs are incurred in exchange for peace of mind. Customs and duty charges are always the responsibility of the buyer and I do not lie on customs forms. Sale price is declared value.
7) I accept returns within 14 days of receipt. Kindly inform me within 72 hours if there is an issue. I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS: a) buyer's remorse due to overspending; b) inability to "flip" or resell a piece; and c) failure to notify me within 72 hours that there is an issue. Buyer pays return shipping using the same method used to ship the piece out.
8) It is very important to me that potential buyers ask all questions FIRST. I am happy to dialogue with you about your interest in my pieces to make sure everyone is happy. If no questions are asked, it indicates that you are satisfied with the content of the listing and that everything is clear. If I have made a claim of authenticity, then I back that claim up fully.
9) Finally, my pieces are listed from either Philadelphia or Johannesburg. I reside in both the United States and South Africa and often sell pieces to raise funds for charities that positively impact rural populations in Southern Africa. Please offer and/or buy with confidence. I am a high-end seller with 100% positive response. 8
_gsrx_vers_507 (GS 6.6b7 (507))