Ww1 Form Letter Windsor Castle King George Downton Abbey Era
This item has been shown 0 times.
Ww1 Form Letter Windsor Castle King George Downton Abbey Era :
Antiqueform letter on Windsor Castle stationeryfrom the World War 1 era recently popularized by the Downton Abbey PBS series. My wife's great uncle Herman served in the "Rolling W" 89th Infantry Division of the AEF which entered the war in June 1918. He saw action in theMeuse-Argonne offensive and stayed on into 1919 as part of the peacekeeping force. He left a number of photos and letters which we will be listing over the coming months. Thisletter is 4 7/8" wide by 7 1/2" high, it is a printed form letter dated April 1918 with King George V's signature on Windsor Castle stationery.The body of the letter welcomes the United States soldiers into the European fight, thanks them for their service and inspires them to victory. Herman received this as he left Scotland for France and has used it to write a letter home dated October 19, 1918 on the back due to not having any other paper. He talks about seeing France from one end to the other and hearing the whistle of shrapnel. He also mentions that he has just transferred into the 89th Division after their involvement in the battle of St. Mihiel. Thisletter is in good condition with some creases from folding and some yellowing but both the printed message and Herman's letter are clear andvery readable. A very nice piece for collectors ofWW1memorabilia.Free Shipping for U.S. buyers only, International shipping cost will vary based on location. . See offerding terms below. Please see our other sales formore Jewelry andcollectibles.
Thanks for looking. My wife and I are lifelong collectors with an appreciation for quality items from days gone by. My specialty is anything related to automobiles while her tastes are more eclectic. We are using to clean up the house but are always looking for unique and interesting items to share.
PLEASE SEE OUR OTHER sales! Bookmarkrusty_packard for more Automotive Parts, Hubcaps, Emblems, Automobilia and Quality Collectibles.
WE WILL GLADLY COMBINE SHIPPING COSTS ON MULTIPLE PURCHASES
NOTE: THESE ARE OUR offerDING TERMS, PLEASE READ!
- We want all buyers to be satisfied with their purchase. We have tried to be as accurate and complete as possible in our description, PLEASE read carefully, look at the photos, and e-mail any questions BEFORE offerding.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED, return for refund with no questions asked. Buyer must notify us of intent to return within14 days and pay return shipping costs, refund will include original shipping cost. Item must be returned in same condition it was sent, in resealed box with all original materials. Refund will be issued once item has been received and inspected. offer WITH CONFIDENCE!
- For all U.S. sales, the buyer will pay shipping and handling costs as stated in the item description or Shipping and Payment details. All shipping will be via USPS and will include a delivery confirmation or tracking number.
- All international buyers will pay shipping and handlingcosts based on location. All shipments will be via USPS. We will NEVER falsify Customs documents so do not ask.
- We will use the checkout system to provide invoices and shipping notifications. All other communication will be via the message system.
- Payment for all US and International purchases must be via PayPal ONLY, no exceptions. If this is not acceptable please do not offer.
PAYMENT IS DUE 10 CALENDAR DAYS AFTER sale END!