Wwi Spad S Xiii Biplane Fighter Airplane Wooden Model For Sale
WWI Spad S XIII Biplane Fighter Airplane Wooden Model
WWI Spad XIII Biplane Fighter Model 24"
On Sale Now! For a 10% discount, please make an offer of $314.99! To do this just click on the blue "Make Offer" button above, enter $314.99 and the offer will be automatically accepted.
This expert level, highly detailed, museum quality, Spad S XIII Biplane aircraft model is brand new, fully built & assembled (not a kit). To save on shipping the model is shipped partially assembled, you just need to attach the landing gear (please see instructions below). The manufacturer is Authentic Models (please see below).
TheSpad S XIII airplane model is completely hand-built & handcrafted of silk fabric stretched across a lightweight wooden frame, similar to the original construction methods of the early 1900s. The wheels are spoked and the tires are made of rubber. The propeller is handcrafted of laminated wood.
The cockpit is highly detailed with leather seats and instruments. Engine cover is made of metal. The model aircraft can be displayed hanging from the ceiling or sitting on it's own landing gear.
This model is painted in the colors & markings of Capt. Eddie Rickenbacker's U.S. 94th Aero Squadron with the #1 and Uncle Sam's top hat squadron logo. It is sure to command attention & become a conversational addition to your aviation decor.
- Size: 23.6" length x 29.9" wingspan x 9.1" height
- Material: Silk fabric, wood & metal
- Manufacturer: Authentic Models
- Handcrafted individually
- Free shipping within the continental 48 U.S. States
The SPAD S.XIII was a French biplane fighter aircraft of World War I, developed by Société Pour L'Aviation et ses Dérivés (SPAD) from the earlier highly successful SPAD S.VII. It was one of the most capable fighters of the war, and one of the most-produced, with 8,472 built and orders for around 10,000 more cancelled at the Armistice.The S.XIII differed from its predecessor by incorporating a number of aerodynamic and other refinements, including larger wings and rudder, a more powerful 220 HP Hispano-Suiza 8B engine fitted with reduction gearing, driving a larger "right-hand" propeller, and a second 0.303 Vickers machine gun for added firepower. The sum of these improvements was a notable improvement in flight and combat performance. It was faster than its main contemporaries, the British Sopwith Camel and the German Fokker D.VII, and was renowned for its ruggedness and strength in a dive. The manoeuvrability of the type was however relatively poor, especially at low speeds. A steep gliding angle and a very sharp stall made it a difficult aircraft for novice pilots to land safely.The S.XIII was flown by famous French fighter pilots such as Georges Guynemer and Rene Fonck, and also by Italian ace Francesco Baracca. Aces of the United States Army Air Service who flew the Spad XIII include Eddie Rickenbacker (America's leading ace with 26 confirmed victories) and Frank Luke (18 victories). The article "SPAD S.XIII" is part of the Wikipedia encyclopedia. Models Inc was created more than 40 years ago in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Authentic Model's expertise and interests go back many centuries. AM's collection of nautical ship models, furniture, artifacts and accessories is inspired by the age of exploration, maritime history, cartography and more…Learn more about Authentic Models Inc
More Fully Built WWI Biplane Fighters & Airplane Models by Authentic Models Are Available.
WWI Biplane Fighter Model Instructions
Please buy with confidence-100% money-back guarantee
Please browse CaptJimsCar-go for more Aviation Home Decor, Nautical Etched Furniture, Museum Quality Ship Models, Old World Style Globe Bars and Low Priced Nautical Gifts!
(close the new window to return to this item)!
- We accept PayPal (which includes Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express and e-checks). Payment is expected within 7 days after sale closes. After that the item will be re listed.
- With ProPay we also accept credit cards Mastercard, Visa, Discover® & American Express®.
- International Buyers please pay with PayPal.
- Massachusetts residents will be charged a 6.25% sales tax.
- PayPal-'s service to make fast, easy, and secure payments for your purchases!
- Free shipping only within the continental 48 U.S. States
- Item will be shipped within 3 business days of payment received confirmation via UPS GROUND (approx. 2-5 business days within 48 states). A tracking number will be provided after the item has shipped out . All shipments are FULLY INSURED.
- If shipping is to be to Alaska, Puerto Rico or Hawaii, or any other part of the world, please contact me for the exact shipping.
Packing: Models & furniture are securely packed with foam sheets, peanuts or bubble wraps. Most of the items are shipped double money-back guarantee if not satisfied.
- For damaged or defective items: Report any damage or defectiveness within 14 days of shipment arrival. The item will be replaced or a refund will be issued for the full cost of the item when replacement is unavailable. To get a replacement, please simply return the item (It's the buyers responsibility to return the shipment within 14 days after notifying me). For other reasons please contact me to get a return authorization, restocking fees applied.
- This item was in stock at the time of listing. If this item should run out of stock you will be given the option of a full refund or backorder. use the messages system (Ask a Question, Contact Member) to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. This will assure that your message will be received.
This item has been shown times.