A Rare Pair Of Carl Deffner Nouveau Copper And Brass Vases C.1905
This item has been shown 0 times.
A Rare Pair Of Carl Deffner Nouveau Copper And Brass Vases C.1905 :
A Pair of Carl Deffner Art Nouveau Copper and Brass Vases c. 1905.
A superb copper and brass pair of Carl Ludwig Deffner vases in good all original condition.
They are 16" (41 cm) high.
Japanese motives inspire the pattern at the top of the vases and the handles have the typical ‘coup de fouet’ shape that characterises the Art Nouveau style.
Both bases have the Coat of Arms cartouche with the letters ‘CDE’ between crossed swords which stand for Carl Deffner Esslingen. From about 1890 to 1915 the Art Nouveau style was prominent in the work of this manufacture that produced some important pieces for museums and collectors.
These vases were produced at a time when there were strong design influences from WMF, Wiener Werkstatte and Josef Hoffmann among others in Europe and Christopher Dresser, Liberty and Keswick in the UK.
Carl Christian Ulrich Deffner was born in 1789 in Ludwigsburg, Germany.
He started his metallwarenfabrikant around 1815 in Esslingen, Germany.
He had spent some time in England where he had learned the process of silver plating from Sheffield. He was the first one to bring such technique to Germany and applied the silver plating to items of copper, brass and bronze.
Carl Christian died in 1846 in Esslingen. His two sons, Carl Ludwig and Wilhelm Adolf continued the work of their father. After the death of Carl Ludwig (1817-1877), the factory was run by Wilhelm.
Wilhelm Adolf Deffner (Esslingen 1829-1897) had two sons, Carl (Esslingen 1856-1948) and Otto (Esslingen 1866-1949). They grew up working in the factory with their father and when he died, they inherited it and continued the work in metal works of art for interiors.
KEEP WATCHING FOR MANY MORE RARITIES over the next few months! as we are clearing hundreds of FABULOUS COLLECTIBLES FROM OUR LONDON WAREHOUSE WHICH WE HAVE BOUGHT OVER THE PAST 50 YEARS !!
THE WINNING buyer WILL RECEIVE AN INVOICE FROM US AT END OF sale / Sale
We accept payment by PayPal, and all Credit and Debit cards.
PAYMENTS MUST BEWITHIN 4 DAYS
FROM END OF sale OR AN UNPAID ITEM CASE WILL BE OPENED IMMEDIATELY.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL
TERMS & CONDITIONS
We always try to ensure our customers are happy and satisfied with our service. Please note that all antique & vintage mechanical and automatic horological items (clocks, watches and mechanical toys) are delicate and as such are not under any warranty.
The following conditions are included to comply with the terms of our insurance policy.
In the many years we have been in business we have never needed them.
These conditions govern all contracts made by Collectorsworld (hereinafter called "The Vendor").
- Any disputes arising out of the sale of any items referred to on the site of the Vendor shall be governed by English Law.
- All orders are accepted on the basis that payment is made prior to the delivery of the item by the Vendor.
- The Vendor reserves the right to amend listed or quoted prices and specifications without notice and may also at any time withdraw any of the items without any prior notice having to be given to the customer.
- In the event of any of the items being found to be damaged on receipt by the customer, the customer shall be obliged to notify the Vendor by email or telephone within 24 hours of delivery and shall immediately return the goods to the Vendor for their replacement, repair or for a refund of the price at the discretion of the Vendor.
- Any time or date named by the Vendor for the delivery is given and intended as an estimate only based upon conditions prevailing at the time the order is accepted and time shall not be of the essence. The Vendor shall use its best endeavours to supply the goods in accordance with the estimate but it shall not be liable for any damage or loss arising directly or indirectly out of any delay in delivery.
- Orders are only accepted on the basis that the customer shall in addition to the cost of the item be responsible for the cost of the packing and carriage to its place of delivery.
- All items shall be at the risk of the customer from the date of delivery of the goods.
- All statements relating to any items sold by the Vendor are statements of opinion and are not nor are they to be relied upon as statements of representation, or fact. Illustrations are solely for the guidance of intending purchasers and are not to be relied upon in terms of tone or colour or necessarily to reveal imperfections in any items. Intending customers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to all such matters, as to the physical description of any items and as to whether or not any item has been repaired.
- The terms: watch, clock, timepiece, chronometer, chronograph; shall at no time be taken to describe the function of any article offered for sale
- The Vendor shall under no circumstances whatsoever be liable for any loss or damage or injury of whatsoever nature or for any consequence of any such loss injury or damage arising out of, or resulting from any cause whatsoever beyond the Vendor's reasonable control.
- Any purported variation of these conditions shall only be valid if evidence in writing under the hand of a duly authorised signatory of the Vendor.
- Any disputed arising out of the sale of any items shall be governed by English Law.