Your Laptop + 8gb Mem Stick/gps Receiver = Chartplotter
This item has been shown 6852 times.
Your Laptop + 8gb Mem Stick/gps Receiver = Chartplotter:
This combination USB GPS receiver and memory stick will let you use your windows laptop as a complete, full function chart plotter system - nothing else needed.
- Every Raster Navigation Chart (RNC) that NOAA publishes. This covers the entire United States and all of its Possessions. There are more than 2200 charts on thestick in the standard BSB/KAP format. Note: No other countries are included. You may be able to add charts for other countries but please contact me before
- OpenCPN chart plotter software. Runs on Windows 8/7/VISTA/XP.
- The OpenCPN manual
- Complete graphical and textual listing of charts on thestick by region
- Chart #1 - Nautical chart symbols, abbreviations and terms
- The complete set of 9 United States Coast Pilots
- The complete updated American Practical Navigator (Bowditch)
- A complete copy of the US International and Inland Navigation Rules of the Road
- A 33 function Navigational Calculator
- Port to Port distance charts
- Links to the NOAA Tides & Currents web page for up to date tide and current predictions
- The NOAA AWOIS wreck database listings for the US coasts, Pacific islands and Great Lakes with graphical index (over 14,000 listings)
- View the NOAA AWOIS wreck positions and data on Google Earth. Included on the stick is an up to date Google Earth overlay showing every wreck and obstruction in the NOAA AWOIS database in its listed position on the earth’s surface. Hover over a place mark and its name is displayed. Click on a place mark and its information is displayed
With the built in gps receiver OpenCPN will automatically load the correct chart and display your position and navigation data on screen. Turn on the automatic feature and your position will be shown in the center of a moving map. Create waypoints,routes, find distances, bearings and more with the click of a mouse. Turn on the Tracks function and create a track of where you have been. Turn created tracks into routes to get back to favorite fishing grounds or return home when bad weather sets in. Visit www.officialnoaacharts.com for more details or to purchase.
The charts are updated bi-weekly so you will receive the latest editions (you can update them any time for free from the NOAA web site). NOAA Raster Navigational Charts® are full-color, geo-calibrated, high detail, digital images of NOAA's entire suite of paper charts. They display beautifully with all the details found on the paper charts that you are used to using. They are better though, because you can overlay electronic navigation elements right on top of the chart. Examples of these elements are your position, marks, tracks, routes, bearings, and distances. Another great feature is the ability to zoom in and out. You can see the big picture without the hassle of trying to spread out a large chart on a small chart table or you can zoom in to see all the details around your vessel.
Some of OpenCPN features are:
- Quilted Raster(RNC) and Vector(ENC) digital chart display
- Lock on to GPS: Automatically selects the most appropriate chart, then as you move,
keeps your current position in the center of the screen whilst the map scrolls. Provides a
constant view of your current position and surrounding area
- AIS receiver interfacing with configurable target safety monitoring
- Integrated Route, Track, and Waypoint database, with industry standard Import/Export capabilities
- Tide and Current prediction, with on-screen overlay of predicted data
- BSB3 raster, S57 ENC chart support and CM93 vector chart support
- Configurable range rings centered on ship position
- Single-chart and Quilted display modes
- North-up and Course-up display modes
- Waypoint and route navigation
- GPX Waypoint and Route input and output file support
- NMEA 0183 GPS interface at selectable baud rate
- Autopilot output support
- Anchor watch/alarm functions
- GRIB file input and display for weather forecasting
- Tide and Current prediction and display
- Hot keys and scroll mouse support
- User programmable velocity vector: Provides a quick visual check of where you’ll be in a given amount of time.
Enables you to quickly assess whether your current course could lead to a potential hazard
Buy with complete confidence - if you are not satisfied return for a complete refund.
Go to www.officialnoaacharts.com to purchase this item or check out our other navigational products
About the gps/memory stick:
The stick is a complete USB 2.0 hub equipped with a GPS receiver and micro SD card reader.
GPS is based on the low power, highly sensitive SiRF III GSC3f/LPx chip set.
- Storage : micro sd card Flash Memory
- SiRF star3-GSC3f/LPx solution
- 20-channel GPS
- SBAS (WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS) enabled
- Backup battery for faster position fix
- USB 2.0 interface
Receiver Performance Data
20 channels, GPS L1 C/A code
< 2.5 m (Autonomous)
< 2.0 m (SBAS)
< 0.1 m/s
< 1 us
< 1 s
< 35 s
< 35 s
4800 bps, 8, N, 1 (default)
GGA, GSA, GSV, RMC (default)
VTG, ZDA, GLL (option)
57600 bps, 8, N, 1
15.0 x 15.0 x 4.0 mm patch
5.0 V ± 0.5% (USB)
~45 mA (Tracking)
-20 °C ~ +70 °C
-40 °C ~ +100 °C
5 % ~ 95 %
70.0 x 20.0 x 11.0 mm
USB A-Type Plug