C1763 German Meissen Dot Period Pierced Plate Floral Decorated Basket Weave Vgc For Sale
ANTIQUE MEISSEN FLORAL DECORATED PIERCED PLATE, DOT PERIOD
- Produced in Germany in the famous Meissen factory in the period 1763-74.
- White ground, basket weave effect with pierced broad rim and gilded edge. The decoration is hand painted flowers, red tulip, scarlet carnation and blue forget-me-not, amongst others.
- The base has a raised footrim and is marked with the well known MEISSEN CROSSED SWORDS mark in pale blue and a dot, also an impressed 54 and a capital L
- Condition: EXCELLENT....... the porcelain is sound and the only fault is slight rubbing, due to the basket weave effect of the plate, to some of the flowers, particularly the red tulip (see close up)
- Dimensions:22.5 cm(8 7/8 inches) diameter
This item has been shown 0 times.