Glitter Pumpkin Halloween Craft
Carving pumpkins is a favorite Halloween tradition. But, what happens when the kids want to create their own version? They’re too young to do the carving themselves, and they desperately want to be in charge. Put the carving tools away and hand over the tape and glitter! Your child can create her own craft patterned pumpkin that shines and sparkles. When the crafting is done, frame the art to display or hang it as Halloween party décor. Your child can also make a few pumpkins, string them together and create a crafty garland.
- Craft foam sheets – You don’t have to go with the traditional orange. Opt for a different hue to make a multi-colored pumpkin.
- Double-sided tape
- A hole punch
- Green ribbon
- Fold the craft foam sheet in half.
- Cut a semi-circle out, making the center the folded line.
- Unfold the circle to reveal a pumpkin shape.
- Punch a hole at the top of the pumpkin.
- Create a pattern with the tape. Make stripes, a weave type of design or cut the tape into smaller pieces for a polka dot effect. Your child can also piece out a random design, varying the directions and angles of the tape.
- Sprinkle the glitter on the tape.
- Shake off the excess glitter.
- Thread a piece of green ribbon through the top and tie it to make a stem.