Halloween Candy Corn Mosaic Art
Remember the old candy corn you have packed in a drawer from last year? It’s time to get them out—but not to eat. Instead, use your old, stale candy corn for a children’s art activity. Celebrate Halloween early with this crafty creation your kiddo will totally enjoy!
Materials You’ll Need
- Stale candy corn
- Tempera paint
- Clear-drying school glue
- Cardboard (recycle an old box and cut off one side)
- A pencil
- Wax paper
- A paintbrush
How To Steps
- Separate the candy corn into groups of a dozen or more.
- Pour small-sized pools of paint onto paper plates, scrap cardboard or painting palettes.
- Dip the candy corn into the paint. Add each group to one color, making a rainbow of candy to use for this project.
- Remove the candy corn from the paint, place it on wax paper and let it dry.
- Draw a Halloween scene or design on the cardboard. Your child can create a jack o’lantern, giant candy corn, witch, ghost or other holiday picture.
- Paint a layer of clear-drying school on the cardboard.
- Press the colorful painted candy corns onto the glue to create a Halloween mosaic.
Let the candy corn dry completely and then hang the artwork as a holiday display!