Labor Day Kids’ Collage
Your young child can celebrate Labor Day by thinking about what they want to be when they grow up. Start by talking about different professions. Next, page through child-friendly magazines or look online for pictures of people engaging in the type of work that your child just talked about. After finding plenty of pictures, cut (or print, if you’re choosing from an online source) them out.
What should your child do next? Check out these easy Labor Day art activity and make a creatively crafty “What’s My Job?” collage!
Materials You’ll Need
- Poster board
- Clear-drying school glue or glue sticks
- Photos or magazine pictures of people working
- Cut out the photos or pictures of the workers that your child has already found. Leave a slightly border or bubble around each picture. Your child can also find photos/pictures of items that go along with the profession. This might mean finding photos of a firefighter’s hat or boots, a blood pressure cuff (for a doctor or nurse) or pets (for a vet).
- Arrange the photos on the poster board.
- Glue the photos onto the board.
- Add words or brief descriptions, using the marker. If your child is too young to write on their own, you can lightly write the words in pencil first and have them trace over the letters with the marker.