St. Patrick’s Day Felt Rainbow Kids’ Craft
Are you looking for a cute kids’ craft to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? This easy-to-make felt rainbow art activity can help your young child develop fine motor skills, learn about colors, problem solve and get creative. And the best part is, this craft is totally reusable. This means your child can create, take apart the rainbow and then start over again any time after the holiday.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- 1 8×10-inch or larger piece of white craft felt
- Cardboard- reuse an old box
- Colorful craft felt- choose one piece in red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple
- Clear-drying school glue
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Cut the cardboard, sizing it slightly smaller than the sheet of white craft felt.
- Place the craft felt over the board and glue the ends down (onto the back of the board).
- Cut the colorful craft felt into u-shapes. Make each shape slightly smaller than the next one.
- Place the colorful felt onto the white felt board, pressing down to create a rainbow.
After your child creates their St. Patrick’s Day rainbow they can add “gold coins.” Cut yellow felt into circles and press the “coins” onto the board. When your child is done crafting, remove the colorful felt, place it in a bag and save it for later.