Valentine’s Day Heart DIY Felt Board
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a fun-filled kids’ craft! This easy art activity lets your little learner create her own DIY felt board. She can decorate it for Valentine’s Day, and then reuse it later on (making new pieces for other holidays).
- Craft felt (8×10-inch sheets work best)
- Masking tape
- Clear-drying school glue
- Cut a piece of cardboard into a rectangle that is slightly smaller than 8×10-inches. If you’re using larger craft felt, you can cut the board to a bigger size. Instead of buying new cardboard, reuse part of an old box.
- Dot glue around the edges of the cardboard (on all four sides).
- Press the craft felt onto the glue. Pull the felt around to the back of the cardboard and tape it down tightly.
- Draw hearts onto different colors of craft felt. Your child can fold the felt sheets in half (book-style) and draw half a heart. Cut along the edges and unfold to reveal a full heart. Size the hearts so that they are small enough to fit onto the DIY felt board (the cardboard with the craft felt covering it).
- Press the felt hearts onto the felt board. Your child can create a pattern or make pictures.
When your child is done playing, peel the felt off and but it into a baggie for later.