23 Ways to Celebrate Mother’s Day
How are you celebrating Mother’s Day? If you’re still looking for ways to honor mom, check out these popular ideas. Try one, two or combine more than a few into a day filled with family fun.
- Help the kids make breakfast, lunch or brunch.
- Play a game of backyard baseball.
- Plant flowers together.
- Paint portraits of each other.
- Bake cupcakes.
- Create an at-home spa.
- Make your own fruit and veggie face masks for your at-home spa.
- Have a dance party in your living room.
- Go for a walk around the neighborhood.
- Design a family mural on a large sheet of butcher paper.
- Have an at-home movie night (with a red, carpet, kid-made tickets and popcorn).
- Read a book together.
- Act out a favorite book in a family Mother’s Day play.
- Go for a picnic in the park.
- Volunteer at an animal shelter.
- Go on a scavenger hunt.
- Visit a museum.
- Talk to each other.
- Paint each other’s nails.
- Take mom to her favorite restaurant, as a surprise.
- Make a mommy and me photo book.
- Do yoga together.
- Hold a moms vs. kids neighborhood game of soccer, baseball or football.