DIY Smiley Hearts for Valentine’s Day
You’re looking for a cute craft that the kids can create on Valentine’s Day. But, you also want something that has a ‘purpose’. Easily turn this smiley face heart art activity into a gift tag, a card or add it to your holiday décor!
- Craft felt in Valentine’s Day colors
- Googley eyes
- Fabric glue
- A fabric marker
- Self-adhesive sequins or jewels
- Fold the felt in half. Draw half a heart, starting at the fold. Size the heart for your needs. A gift tag requires a smaller heart, but a card craft may mean that your child needs to make the shape super-sized.
- Cut the heart out and unfold it.
- Glue the eyes onto the top of the heart.
- Press the sequin or jewel onto the felt, making a nose.
- Draw a smiley face to complete the craft.
Now your child is ready to take his or her work in any direction!
- Use a hole punch and thin ribbon (thread the ribbon through the hole) to make a gift tag.
- Glue the whole heart onto a larger piece of paper to make a card.
- Make a dozen hearts and punch two holes at the top of each (on each side). Tie the hearts together with yarn or ribbon to make a decorative garland.
- Add a magnetic strip to the back to craft fridge magnets.
- Create your own imaginative idea!