Earth Day Upcycled Collage Craft for Kids
Help your little learner to better understand the importance of Earth Day with this creative kids’ craft. Instead of throwing everything away, explore the possibilities of upcycling! Go on a whole home scavenger hunt with the kiddos, searching for items to collage into a giant planet project. Look for paper/paper scraps, old fabric/clothes or anything else that your child can glue onto cardboard.
Before the art-making starts, talk to your child about why reusing and recycling is important. Ask them what they think happens to everything they throw into the trash and discuss where these items could end up (such as a landfill). Start with a larger-sized piece of cardboard that you ‘save’ from the trash. Cut apart an old moving, packing, electronics or similar box.
Here’s What You’ll Need
Along with the cardboard and found materials, your child will also need:
- Blue, white and green tempera paints
- Clear-drying school glue
- A marker
- Draw a large circle (to represent the Earth) on the cardboard.
- Help your child to draw the continents and the oceans onto the circle.
- Tear or cut apart the found items for the collage.
- Glue the items onto the continent parts of the cardboard.
- Paint the continents green or add white for the icy north and south poles.
- Repeat the steps for the oceans, painting the collage blue.
Cryptozoic CZX Crisis Infinite Earths Melissa Benoist SKETCH AUTO #1/1 David Day
Disney Auctions - Chip & Dale - Earth Day (Jumbo) - Artist Proof
Huge Lot of 190 Disneyland Jiminy Cricket 25th Anniversary Earth Day 1995
1972 Earth Day poster by Hieronimus
Disney Auctions Stitch Earth Day Jumbo LE 100 Pin
DISNEY WORLD - AVATAR - EARTH DAY BANSHEE 20TH ANNIVERSARY (With Carrier)
DISNEY WORLD AVATAR EARTH DAY BANSHEE 20TH ANNIVERSARY PANDORA
Walt Disney Imagineering WDI Orange Bird Earth Day 2012 Pin LE 250
Tiffany & Co. Halcyon Days Christmas 1998 Enamel Trinket Box Peace on Earth RARE
Funko Pop Disney 400 Wall-E With Flower (Box Lunch Earth Day Exclusive)