Father’s Day Pointillism Portrait Art Activity for Kids
Are you looking for a last-minute Father’s Day gift idea? Instead of taking the kids to the mall to pick out a store-bought present, try this handmade dad’s day pointillism portrait craft. Your child can show off their artsy side and dad will cherish this crafty creation for years to come. Not only will your kiddo make dad a portrait, but they’ll also get to explore the artistic style of famed painters such as Georges Seurat and Paul Signac.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- Card stock paper or poster board (you can also use upcycled cardboard from an old box)
- Markers or crayons
- Tempera paints
- A paper plate
- Optional: Cotton swabs
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Start with a drawn portrait of dad. Your child can work from real-life (having dad pose for the portrait) or create a surprise artwork from a photo.
- Pour the paint onto a paper plate (or thick piece of cardboard) in small sized pools.
- Your child can use their finger to dip and dot paint onto the portrait, creating a pointillism masterpiece. If your child prefers, they can use the end of a cotton swab to paint points.
- Let the painting dry completely before giving it to dad for his special day!
HUGE Heavy Solid Gold ICED OUT Baguette and Pavé Round 72 Diamonds Christ Ring
Diamond Studded Interwoven Star of David Jewish Pendant in 14k Solid White Gold
Ancient Coin with Diamond in 14K Yellow Gold Charm Bar Kochba Jewish Jewelry
R Imperial Russian St. Anna 18k Gold Diamonds LONGINES for Merit Pocket watch 31
Hunter with dog porcelain figurine Fasold & Stauch Bock Wallendorf ULTRA RARE
The Olivier Lunar Necklace I 925 Silver Meteorite Pendant Jewelry TOP METEORITE
126 Diamond Platinum Ruby Dog Brooch Pin Golden Retriever Labrador Lab Setter
Chai with Diamond Jewish Pendant in 14K Yellow Gold Life Hebrew Charm Handmade
Tiffany&Co. 14K Yellow Gold Pick,Reamer,Tamper Tobacco Pipe Packer/Cleaning Tool
Tree of Life Gold Pendant with Diamond in 14K Yellow Gold Classic Jewish Jewelry