Fathers Day T-Shirt Kids’ Craft
Celebrate dad with a kid-created Father’s Day t-shirt. Instead of the same store-bought top you buy dad every year, let your kiddo take over and show off their artsy side. This art activity is perfect for kids in preschool and up!
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need:
- A plain white or light t-shirt in dad’s size—Pre-wash the t-shirt before you start this art activity.
- Fabric paint or pens—Pens are a less-mess idea and may give your child more control over the design they create.
- Crayons or pencils
- Letter stencils
How-To Art-Making Steps:
- Use the paper and crayons or pencils to plan a design. This mock-up will give your child a chance to create their own picture for dad—before they use the permanent paints. If your child isn’t sure where to start, brainstorm ideas. These could include anything from a saying such as, “World’s Best Dad” to a portrait of the special guy himself.
- Cut a piece of cardboard and place it into the t-shirt. This will stop excess paint from transferring from one side to the other.
- Your child can now work from their drawn plan and paint the design or use the fabric pens to create a picture. Use stencils to paint/draw letters.
- Let the shirt dry completely before gifting it to dad.