Felt Heart Valentine’s Day Box Craft for Kids
Does your child need a Valentine’s Day box for their school’s holiday party? If you’re not sure where to start, we’ve got answers! Before the big day arrives, check out this easy to make heart-felt (or felt hearts) box idea.
Art Materials You’ll Need
- A shoe box- reuse a cardboard shoe box
- Craft felt- you’ll need several sheets or 8×10-inch pieces of felt in Valentine’s Day colors (such as red, pink and purple) and a few extra hues
- Clear-drying school glue
How To Steps
- Cut a slit at the top of the box. This is where your child’s friends will put their Valentine’s cards.
- Cover the box in felt. Choose one color or use several different pieces of felt to make a patchwork design. Cut the felt to fit the box and glue it to the sides and the top. Make a slit that matches the hole you’ve already cut at the top of the box.
- Cut out felt hearts. Have your child fold felt sheets in half and cut out half-heart shapes. Open the felt to reveal full hearts.
- Glue the felt hearts to the box. Your child can line the box with the hearts, make alternating color patterns or create a random abstract design.
Valentines Day Gift
1991 Michael Jordon #375 Fleer