Flag Day Paint and Glitter Craft for Kids
Your kiddo can craft a fantastic flag! Celebrate Flag Day with a red, white and blue art activity. Break out the paint, markers, and other materials and get ready to mark this special day with an over-sized artwork that you can display inside or outside your home.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- Butcher paper or plain white gift wrap
- Tempera paint- In red, white and blue
- Silver glitter
- Clear-drying school glue
How To Art-Making Steps
- Unroll and cut a long piece of the butcher paper or gift wrap.
- Use the markers to draw the stripes and a rectangle area for the flag’s stars.
- Paint the flag with the red, white and blue tempera. Let the paint dry completely.
- Add the stars! Dot the glue onto the blue rectangle space of the artwork. Sprinkle the glitter over the glue to create shining stars. Gently shake off the excess glitter.
- Let the glue and glitter dry completely.
After the paint and glue/glitter is dry, your child’s Flag Day art project is ready to display. Choose a space in your home or outside to hang the crafty flag. If you hang the flag outside, make sure the weather will cooperate. Rain can ruin the tempera paint project.