Green and Gold Glitter St. Patrick’s Day Art
Are you looking for a creative kids’ craft to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? Check out this artsy activity that shines with a special lucky shamrock sparkle!
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- Cardboard-Reuse the front or side of an old box instead of buying new board.
- Green tempera paint
- A paintbrush
- Clear-drying school glue
- Green and gold glitter
- A marker
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Draw an over-sized shamrock onto the cardboard. Make the shamrock as big as your child wants. If your child is struggling to create a shamrock shape, make a heart stencil or template from another piece of cardboard. Position the heart horizontally with the pointy end facing the center. Trace the heart. Move the heart to a vertical position and trace it again. Move the heart again to a horizontal position—facing the opposite direction as the first heart. Make sure the pointy end of the hearts touch. Draw a stem at the bottom to complete the shamrock shape.
- Cut the shamrock out. If the board is thick, you may need to do this step for your child.
- Paint the shamrock with green tempera. Let the shamrock dry completely.
- Paint the shamrock again with a wash of glue.
- Sprinkle green and gold glitter on top of the glue and shake off the excess.