Halloween Cardboard Tube Character Craft for Kids
Put those old paper towel roll tubes to use and create a cute kids’ Halloween craft! If you’re looking for an easy art activity for your preschooler, check out this spooky upcycled holiday project!
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- Cardboard paper towel roll tubes
- Clear-drying school glue
- Craft felt
- Tempera paint
- Tissue paper
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Choose a Halloween character to create—such as a ghost, mummy, witch or vampire.
- Cut the paper towel tube in half. This gives your child two pieces of cardboard to transform into Halloween characters.
- Select a color of craft felt to match the character. Your child can match white felt to a mummy or ghost and black felt to a witch or vampire.
- Glue the felt to the outside of the paper towel tube. Leave a few inches at the top empty for the character’s face.
- Paint the character’s face at the top of the tube. Your child can also use tempera paint to add accents or embellishments to the character’s costume.
- Add hair, a cape or anything else the Halloween character needs with the tissue paper. Cut and glue the paper to the tube. If your child chooses to make a mummy, cut the tissue into thin strips and wrap it loosely around the entire character.