Halloween Fall Festival Activity At Home
Don’t have time to visit a pumpkin patch or fall festival? Make your own pumpkin-filled activity in your own backyard. Celebrate Halloween with this family-friendly at-home idea! You can magically transform into a fall fantasy, filled with pumpkins and so much more.
What You’ll Need
- Pumpkins- Buy a variety of sizes from your local grocery store or other retailer. You can also include a few fun fall gourds.
- Hay bales
- Corn stalks
- Materials to make a scarecrow- Cardboard, scissors, markers, an old flannel shirt, a broomstick, glue and hay.
- Permanent markers
- Place the hay bales. Create a maze for your kids to walk through or use the bales to make a border for your yard.
- Decorate the pumpkins. Use the markers to write messages, add faces or create patterns.
- Place the pumpkins around the yard, on the hay.
- Tie the corn stalks around trees or place them against the hay bales.
- Add the decorative gourds to the mix.
- Create a few cute, but spooky, scarecrow. The kids can draw a circle on the cardboard, then cut the shape out to make faces. Draw the face onto the circle and glue hay on as hair. Glue or tape the face to the top of a broomstick. Fill a flannel shirt with hay and slide it onto the broomstick, under the face. Leave hay sticking out of the bottom the shirt and sleeves. You can also add a silly hat to the top of the scarecrow to make the character even more imaginative.
- Place the scarecrow into a hay bale!
After your yard decor is ready to go, the kids can spend the day racing around the bales and playing in their at-home fall festival area.