Halloween Ghost and Bat Decoration Activity for Kids
Halloween gets a boo-st with this ghostly art activity! Your crafty kiddo can create a tree-full of ghouls, making their own DIY holiday décor. If you’re searching for a Halloween party idea, this is perfect for your entire group of little goblins. Add a few spooky bats to your ghost craft for an extra-special treat (not trick!).
Craft Materials You’ll Need
- White and black card stock paper
- A hole punch
- Crayons (white and dark colors)
- Orange and black yarn
How-To Art Activity Steps
- Draw ghost shapes onto the white card stock paper with a dark crayon. Your child can make one ghost as a template or draw slightly different shapes and sizes.
- Cut the ghosts out.
- Use the crayons to decorate the ghosts.
- Punch two holes in the front of the ghost as eyes.
- Add another hole at the top of the ghost.
- Thread a piece of yarn through the top hole and hang the ghost from a tree branch. Repeat for the rest of the ghosts, alternating the orange and black yarn.
- Use a white crayon to draw bat shapes onto the black paper.
- Cut the bats out, punch a hole at the top of each one, thread orange yarn through the holes and hang them with the ghosts.
If it’s raining, hang the ghosts and bats inside from the ceiling or make your own “Halloween tree.”