Halloween Ghost Tree Craft for Kids
You don’t have to wait until Christmas to decorate a tree. Create a spooky display with a Halloween tree right now! Instead of a freshly cut, full pine, make this holiday tree out of bending and broken twigs. Send the kiddos outside for a twig scavenger hunt. Gather what the kiddos bring in and choose the longer ones or the ones with the most little limbs to use. After you have the twigs, you’re ready to start crafting.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- A planter pot or large coffee can
- Orange and black yarn
- White, black and orange tissue paper
- Clear-drying school glue
- A paintbrush
- A black marker
- Pebbles or orange and black glass beads
- Clear tape
- Decorate the planter part or coffee can. Tear pieces of black tissue paper into smaller pieces. Cover the outside of the pot or can with a coat of glue, using the paintbrush. Press the orange paper onto the pot or can. Add another coat of glue.
- Cut the black tissue into jack o’lantern eyes, a nose and a mouth. Glue these to the front of the planter can. Cover these pieces with another coat of glue. Let the pot or can dry completely.
- Fill the planter or can with pebbles or glass beads.
- Push a few twigs into the pebbles or beads to create a spooky Halloween tree. These should stand upright.
- Make ghosts with the white tissue. Cut squares and fill the middle with a crumpled piece of tissue. Fold the tissue and tie it under the crumpled part with a piece of yarn. This will create a head and flowing body. Draw eyes on the head with a marker.
- Cut pieces of yarn. Tape one piece of yarn to the back of each ghost. Tie the other end to the Halloween tree branches.