Halloween Glitter Pumpkin Art for Kids
Get out the glitter and craft this pretty pumpkin for Halloween! Your creative kids will enjoy this sparkling holiday art activity. Display the finished product in your home during a Halloween party or use it as not-so-spooky trick-or-treat decor.
Not only is this kids’ craft a fun way to celebrate the holiday, it also doubles as an educational art activity. Help your child to learn more about color, texture and shape while creating their own 2-D paper jack o’ lantern.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- Black card stock paper (8×10-inch sheets)
- Orange card stock paper (also, 8×10-inch sheets)
- Orange glitter
- A marker
- Clear-drying school glue
- A paintbrush
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Draw a pumpkin-shaped oval onto the orange paper.
- Cut the oval out.
- Draw the jack o’ lantern’s face onto the oval. Your child can make a triangle nose and eyes and a semi-circle mouth.
- Cut the facial features out.
- Glue the orange oval to the black paper to create a background.
- Pour a small pool of the school glue on a piece of scrap cardboard or a paper plate.
- Paint the orange pumpkin with a wash of glue.
- Sprinkle glitter on the glue, covering the entire pumpkin.
- Shake off the excess glitter.
- Display the pumpkin art for everyone to see!
Michael Myers Mask Rehaul