Heart to Heart Art for National Grandparent’s Day
Celebrate Grandparent’s Day with a loving arts and crafts activity! Kids can create heart-themed projects with grandma and grandpa, spending time together and making a cute keepsake. So, this September get your craft on and give your little artist the chance to create, create, create with her grandparents! Even if the grandparents aren’t exactly artsy, this easy heart to heart printing project is simple enough for even the novice crafter to try.
- Card stock paper
- Cotton balls
- Tempera paint
- A marker
- Place two pieces of card stock on top of each other.
- Fold the stack of stock in half, book style.
- Draw half a heart, with the center at the fold.
- Cut the half heart out.
- Open the paper to reveal two full hearts – one for the kids and one for the grandparents.
- Pour quarter-sized pools of paint onto a palette or a sheet of wax paper (it acts as a barrier, making an inexpensive palette).
- Dip a cotton ball into the paint. Press it onto the paper heart, making a print. Repeat with different colors (your kids/the grandparents can use more than one cotton ball) until the heart is completely covered with the prints.