How To Make a Mother’s Day Planter
Give mom the gift of a garden this Mother’s Day! Whether you have the outdoor area to plant a full garden or not, these seedling starters are the perfect present for a special lady on her big day. Read on for the full instructions to make mom a recycled milk carton planter pot and start a flower or veggies collection.
Materials You’ll Need
- Cardboard milk cartons
- Duct tape- Choose a variety of colors or patterns
- Choose a variety of milk cartons. Use small single-serving school lunch sized cartons, slim containers, or full gallon cartons.
- Draw a line around the entire carton half-way up the sides. If you’re using a small, single-serving size, open the carton completely at the top. Leave the carton as-is and don’ draw a line.
- Open the carton completely. Cut the carton at the line.
- Cover the outside of the carton with a duct tape design. Use different colors or patterns of tape. Your child can make lines, polka dots, or write mom’s name with the tape.
- Fill the carton three-fourths of the way with potting soil.
- Plant the seeds.
Your child can help mom to water and care for the plant daily. When it outgrows the carton, plant it in your yard or a larger container.