Kids’ Halloween Pumpkin and Ghost Paint Prints
Kids can create cute Halloween paint prints to decorate cards, gift bags, trick-or-treat bags or almost anything else. This is an easy art activity that lets the kids get in on the holiday action, and create their own décor. Add the prints to crepe paper, cardboard, card stock, tissue or even fabric. Make pumpkins or ghosts—or have the kids alternate the two in a spooky pattern!
- Paper (any kind your child wants, or fabric)
- Tempera paint (white for ghost and orange for pumpkins—plus a few accent colors)
- A thin paintbrush
- Pour the paint onto a palette. You can use a piece of thick scrap cardboard or wax paper as an inexpensive version. Make golf ball-sized pools.
- Have your child dip a finger in the paint. Use orange to make pumpkins and white to make ghosts.
- Your child can create a print by pressing her finger onto the paper (or other material).
- Add a stem to the pumpkins with green paint and a brush. Make eyes (for jack o’lanterns and friendly ghosts) by doting paint onto the finger prints.
Keep printing until your child makes as many pumpkins and ghosts as she wants!