Kids’ Haunted House Halloween Craft
How can your creative kiddo turn a plain old cardboard box into a haunted Halloween house? Search your space for a used appliance, moving or large electronics box. Make sure the box is sturdy and has all four sides. After you find the just-right box for this kids’ crafts, your little artist is ready to upcycle the cardboard into an imaginative haunted house!
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- One large cardboard box
- Tempera paint
- Card stock paper
- Glue sticks
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Cover the floor/workspace with flattened cardboard or a painter’s tarp to protect the surface. Open one side of the box and place it vertically on the floor.
- Draw a door, windows and ghoulish ghosts or other spooky Halloween creatures on the front, back and sides of the haunted house box. Your child can use the markers to draw these features.
- Cut out the door and windows. Cut a child-sized door or flap into the back of the box. You may need to help your child with this step, depending on the thickness of the board and your child’s age.
- Paint the haunted house! Your child can use the temperas and the brushes to paint their spooky creation.
- Let the paint dry completely.
- Draw more ghoulish creatures onto the card stock paper. Cut these out and glue them onto the box.
- Fold the door or flap in the back of the box. Your child can go inside the box to act out Halloween haunted house scenes.