Martin Luther King Jr. Day Banner Art Activity for Kids
Celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day with an artsy activity that involves kiddos of all ages! Whether you have a preschool, a grade schooler or an older child, this holiday craft can help your young learner to delve deep into the day’s meaning and think about concepts such as unity, community and change. Use Dr. King’s iconic speech as a starting point to create your own family “I have a dream” banner.
Art Materials You’ll Need
- Blank butcher paper or gift wrap
- Markers or crayons
- Tempera paint
How To Art-Making Steps
- Brainstorm ideas. Read child-friendly books about Dr. King, discuss his famous speech and talk about what your child’s “dream” is.
- Unroll the paper. Have your child think of ways to create a design that will fill the entire piece.
- Draw the design on the paper with crayons and markers. Add a special message about the holiday and the date (including the year).
- Paint the design. Your child can fill in the lines, add accents or paint over the banner’s message with temperas.
- Let the banner dry completely. Leave the banner on a flat surface until the paint dries. This will prevent the paint from running down the sign.
- Hang the banner as a festive holiday display!
Photograph 1968 Martin Luther King Jr “Day of Assassination” Photo PSA Type 3
Martin Luther King Sr Signed Autographed First Day Cover JSA Cert Jr Father
Coretta Scott King Signed Autographed First Day Cover BAS Beckett Martin Luther
DR MARTIN LUTHER KING FIRST DAY COVER SIGNED BY JAMES H MEREDITH. LIFETIME COA
Colin Powell US Secretary of State signed Dr. Martin Luther King First Day Cover
Original Martin Luther King Now is the Time Jan.King Day 15th RR Pinback Button
Newspapers- 'VICTORY DAY' AS MARTIN LUTHER KING LEADS MARCHERS INTO MONTGOMERY
RARE PIN'S PINS - MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY GOLD CLUB - I HAVE A DREAM - VINTAGE
Newspapers- 'VICTORY DAY' FOR MARTIN LUTHER KING and ALABAMA FREEDOM MARCHERS
MLK One Day Is Today 09' DR MARTIN LUTHER KING JR Lapel PIN BADGE Civil Rights