National Grandparents Day Photo Portrait Collage Card Craft for Kids
Create a cute card for National Grandparents Day with your child! Instead of a store-bought greeting, your little artist can design their own photo portrait card to give to grandma and grandpa on their special day.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- Photos of grandma, grandpa or both grandparents
- Card stock paper
- Clear-drying school glue
- Crayons or markers
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Select several photos of grandma, grandpa or both grandparents. Choose pictures that feature the grandparents’ faces or were taken with your child.
- Fold an 8×10-inch or larger piece of card stock paper in half. Your child can choose whether they want to fold the paper book or tent style (vertically or horizontally).
- Cut the photos into shapes, avoiding the areas that feature grandma and grandpa’s faces.
- Glue the photos to the front of the card, Collage the pics with the edges overlapping. Vary the angles to add visual interest.
- Let the glue dry completely.
- Open the card and write a special message to the grandparents. If your child is too young to write the message themselves, you can write it first in pencil. Ask your child to trace over the letters in a darker crayon or marker and sign their name.