No-Carve Pumpkin Family Art Activity
Are you looking for an easy no-carve pumpkin idea? Celebrate Halloween with your kids and decorate a family of jack o’lanterns—minus the sharp knives and carving tools. This easy art activity is ideal for families with young children or anyone who wants to decorate for the upcoming fall holiday.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- Pumpkins in different sizes- Choose one size per family members. For example, mom and dad are the largest pumpkins and the children are smaller versions.
- Craft paint
- Paint brushes
- Permanent markers
- Clear-drying school glue
- Give each family member one pumpkin. Each person can create a self-portrait pumpkin or you can switch things up and have mom create a dad pumpkin, dad create a child pumpkin and so on.
- Draw a face with the markers. Add extra details, such as dad’s beard or mom’s glasses/
- Paint over some of the marker lines to create a bold, colorful look. Your child (and the rest of the family) can paint lips, facial hair, a nose, eyes or other details.
- Cut the yarn to create hair. Size the yarn to the length of the family member’s hair.
- Glue the yarn onto the top of the pumpkin.
Michael Myers Mask Rehaul