Paper Plate President’s Day Mask Craft for Kids
Celebrate President’s Day with a cute and creative costume craft for kids! Your kiddo can make their very own Abraham Lincoln, George Washington or other favorite president mask with a few everyday art materials. This kids’ craft is perfect for preschoolers and young elementary school-aged children. Check out the easy how-to steps that can help your little one to mark this important day.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- A dinner-sized paper plate
- A wide craft stick
- Masking tape
- Clear-drying school glue
- Card stock paper
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Cut the center part out of the plate. This should leave a ring large enough to fit around the outside of your child’s face.
- Use the markers, yarn and glue to create a beard, hair or any other distinguishing features on the paper plate mask.
- Add a hat, tie or ears with card stock. Draw the item onto the card stock paper and cut it out. Glue the hat or any other accent to the paper plate ring.
- Wait for the glue to dry completely.
- Turn the paper plate President’s Day mask over and tape the craft stick to the bottom of the back. Your child can use this as a handle to hold the mask up to their face.