Parent’s Day Book Craft for Kids
Are you looking for a way to mark Parent’s Day? Your child can create their own book to celebrate this very special holiday. Not only is this kids’ craft a fun-filled way to spend time together as a family, it’s a cute keepsake that you can treasure for years to come.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- Cardboard- Reuse an old cardboard box. Open and flatten the box. Cut 8×10-inch pieces from the board.
- A hole punch
- 8×10-inch card stock paper
- Markers, crayons or colored pencils
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Choose a parent-focused theme. Your child can select anything that has to do with their family. They can even interview you or their other parent and create a biography type of book.
- Draw pictures and write words onto the card stock pages. If your young child can’t write the words themselves, use stencils or lightly draw the letters yourself. Your child can trace over the letters with a marker or crayon.
- Punch two holes on the left side of each page. Make sure the holes match on each piece of paper. Place the first hole about one inch in from the side and two inches from the bottom. Punch the second hole one inch in from the side and two inches from the top.
- Draw a cover onto one of the pieces of cardboard. Your child can also add a special Parent’s Day message and the date.
- Sandwich the card stock paper drawings in between the cover and a second piece of cardboard.
- Bind the book together. Your child should cut two pieces of yard and thread each one through a set of holes. Tie the yarn to hold the book together.