Summer Solstice Painted Sun Collage Craft for Kids
Celebrate the summer solstice with sun-sational kids’ craft! Your little artist can create their own sun artwork to mark the change of the seasons. Not only is this a fun-filled way to mark the holiday, your child can also build fine motor skills, explore art materials and get creative. Read on for more information on how to create a summer solstice sun painted collage.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- Yellow and orange tissue paper
- Poster board paper
- Yellow tempera paint
- A paintbrush
- Clear-drying school glue
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Draw a circle at the center of the poster board paper.
- Cut or tear the tissue paper into smaller pieces. Your child can cut shapes (such as triangles, squares, and circles) or tear the paper into free-form parts.
- Glue the paper onto the circle. Overlap the edges and create layers for added textures.
- Paint rays onto the sun circle with the tempera. Your child can either use a brush for this step or finger paint print lines as rays.
- After the tissue paper and glue dries, your child can also choose to add paint onto the collage. Again, they can use the brush or finger paint print the tempera.