Valentine’s Day Heart Pillow Craft
Valentine’s Day crafts are all about the heart. Literally! This easy no-sew fabric project is simple enough for children as young as 3-years to try. Use craft felt to make a pretty pillow for a doll’s bed, a decoration or a sweet treat holder. Create a basic version or dress up the heart pillow with glitter, sequins and more!
- Craft felt in Valentine’s Day colors (pink, red or purple)
- A marker
- A hole punch
- Optional: Clear school glue, glitter, sequins, fabric pens
- Fold an 8×10-inch sheet of craft felt in half. Make the heart any size that you want (avoid very small sizes, as they present a challenge for your child to work with).
- Draw half of a heart, with the center at the fold.
- Cut out the drawing. Unfold the felt to reveal a full heart.
- Trace the heart onto another piece of felt. Cut the heart out.
- Punch holes around the edge of one of the hearts. Space the holes about 1-inch apart. You may need to cut off any remaining felt that sticks to the holes.
- Stack the heart on top of the one without holes. Use a marker to make dots where the holes should go.
- Punch holes out at the dots.
- Cut a thin piece of felt to ‘sew’ the heart together.
- Start weaving the felt strip though the holes.
- Before the heart is sewn shut stuff it with scrap felt.
- Finishing threading the felt through the holes and tie it at the end.
- Optional: Glue on glitter or sequins, or draw a design with a fabric pen.