World Friendship Day Handprint Kids’ Art
Get artsy on World Friendship Day with a paint print craft. The kids can create this project with their BFFs, making cute keepsakes that they can look back at later on when they’re older. This kids’ holiday craft is easy enough for toddlers to try, but still fun for older kids too.
Your child (and a friend, of course) will create a pair of handprints using paint. Older kids can follow this up with a simple writing exercise. They can each write one sentence about the friend, trade the sentences, read them and then glue them to the painted prints.
- Tempera paint – in two different colors
- Card stock paper
- Pour the paint onto a palette, piece of wax paper or paper plate. Make two small puddles, one for each child.
- Give each child a paintbrush. Have the friends paint the palms and pal-side fingers of the other child (just one hand each).
- The first friend places their hand, palm side down, onto the paper to make a print.
- The second one repeats this process, connecting the prints at the fingers (so they look like they’re holding hands).
The children can repeat the friendship themed art activity so that each child has one to take home with them.