World Teacher’s Day Apple Card Craft for Kids
Celebrate World Teacher’s Day with an “A is for Apple” card! Your child wants to give their teacher an apple. But a real piece of fruit just won’t do. Instead, mark this day with a cute and crafty apple card. After your child creates this artsy apple, they can gift it to their favorite teacher.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- White poster board paper
- Markers or crayons
- A large bowl
- Red tempera paint
- Green tissue paper
- Clear-drying school glue
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Hold the poster board paper from top to bottom.
- Place the bowl upside down on the poster board. Line the top of the bowl up with the fold in the board.
- Trace the bowl with a marker or crayon to create a circle-shaped apple.
- Cut the apple out. Leave the poster board connected at the top.
- Pour the red paint onto a paper plate or piece of scrap cardboard. Dip the sponge into the paint. Your child can press the sponge onto the poster board, covering it with red paint prints.
- Cut the green tissue paper into a rectangle. Gather the paper at the center and glue it to the top of the apple to make leaves.
- Wait for the paint and glue to dry.
- After the paint/glue dries, open the card and help your child to write a holiday greeting for their teacher.