World Teachers’ Day Card Craft
October 5th marks World Teachers’ Day. Help your child to celebrate a special teacher with a handmade card. This is a much-appreciated alternative to the store-bought version. This card-making craft is easy enough for preschoolers to create for their pre-k teachers, but you can adapt it for your older child too. Your child can create a mini chalkboard that thanks her teacher for being the best!
- Black or grey card stock paper
- White tempera paint
- A paintbrush
- Colored chalk
- Clear-drying school glue
- Position the paper horizontally. Fold the paper in half, like a book, to make a card.
- Create a “Happy Teachers’ Day” message on the front, writing it in chalk. If your child is too young to write the words herself, you can write them first and then have her trace them.
- Paint over the chalk. There are two options. The first is to paint over the letters with white tempera. The second is to paint over them with glue, sealing the chalk in.
- After the glue dries, open the card. Have your child write another message and sign her name. Shar can also draw teacher-themed pictures (with the chalk), such as apples or books. Paint over the chalk with the glue.