World Tourism Day Globe Book Art for Kids
September 27 is World Tourism Day. Celebrate this special day with your kids by creating a global tourist book! Even if you can’t go on a world tour right now, your children can dream about the day when they can. Get artsy and imaginative as the family makes this holiday-themed craft.
Materials You’ll Need
- Cardboard (reuse the front and back of an old cereal or cracker box)
- Hole punch
- Construction paper
- Markers, crayons or colored pencils
How To Art-Making Steps
- Cut the cardboard and paper into globe circles shapes. Size the board and paper (your child will use for interior pages) the same.
- Punch one hole (in the same place) at the top of each piece of board and construction paper.
- Draw a globe on the front. Your child can use the markers, crayons and pencils to turn the cardboard into a mini version of the Earth.
- Add one place your child would like to travel to each piece of construction paper. If your child wants an alternative to drawing, try collage instead. Cut pictures from magazines and glue them to the pages.
- Line the board and the pages up—with the holes together at the top.
- Cut a piece of yarn, thread it through the holes and bind the book.
Original Poster Colombia Bogota World Tourism Day 27 Sep. 1982 Balsa Muisca Raft
Original Poster Chile World Tourism Day 1984 Antofagasta Ayquina South America
Original Poster Portugal Algarve Beach Sea Sun Art Chair World Tourism Day 1982
1964 Virginia Tourism Ad Half Day's Drive from the World's Fair
Walt Disney World Reliving the Good Old Days Main Street USA Postcard
Vtg 1939 NY world's fair Model Luminous Night & Day Aerial view litho postcard
Walt Disney World Reliving Good Old Days Horse-Drawn Street-Car VINTAGE Postcard
Walt Disney World - Reliving the Good Old Days - Main Street USA - Postcard 8088
Postcard Opening Day Expo 74 World's Fair Spokane Washington 4x6
Disney World ~ Reliving The "Good Old Days" ~ Horse-Drawn Street-Car Postcard