Father’s Day Glitter and Glue Banner Craft
Give dad the greeting he deserves with an over-sized artsy Father’s Day banner! This creative craft is perfect for preschoolers or older kids. Add the finished banner to a dad’s day celebration or display it outside on a sunny Father’s Day for the whole neighborhood to see.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need:
- Butcher paper or plain gift wrap
- Markers or crayons
- Clear-drying school glue
- A paintbrush
How-To Art-Making Steps:
- Unroll the paper. Choose a length that makes sense for the space. If you have a larger area, unroll more paper.
- Cut the paper. Use heavy books or another similar item to hold down the ends of the paper.
- Write a special message to dad. If your child can’t write the words themselves, draw each letter lightly in pencil. Your child can trace over the letters with a marker or a crayon.
- Pour a pool of glue onto a paper plate or scrap piece of cardboard.
- Dip the paintbrush into the glue and spread it over each letter.
- Sprinkle glitter over the glue.
- Shake off the excess glitter. Gather the extra to save for another craft.
Wait for the glue to dry completely. Hang the banner somewhere special for dad to see!