Sports Themed Father’s Day Card Craft for Kids
Is dad a super-sports fan? Celebrate the special man in your life with a sports-themed Father’s Day card—made by your child! Your kiddo can start the card-making with a Q and A. They can ask dad what his favorite sport is or get more info on a beloved team.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- 8×10-inch card stock paper
- Clear-drying school glue
- Markers or crayons
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Choose a symbol of dad’s favorite sport, such as a soccer ball, football, baseball, baseball bat, or basketball.
- Draw the symbol onto a piece of card stock paper.
- Cut the sports symbol out.
- Write a special message to dad on the front of the symbol. If your child can’t write the words by themselves, you can write them in pencil and ask your child to trace over the letters.
- Fold another piece of card stock paper in half—tent-style.
- Open the card. Your child can write another special message to dad inside.
- Glue the cut out sports symbol onto the front of the card.
- Wait for the glue to dry and give the card to dad.
Optional: Your child can dress up the card and make it sparkle with glue and glitter!