Halloween Party Ideas
If you have young children, Halloween is undoubtedly an important landmark in your fall holiday schedule. From the costumes, to the crafts to the trick-or-treating, kids love Halloween. Why not capitalize on their affection by hosting your own Halloween bash? Here are some suggestions for how to make your kids’ Halloween party a spooktacularly good time!
Costumes are an integral part of Halloween, so be sure to include plenty of opportunities for your little party-goers to show off their creative couture. Consider having a costume competition (remember, though, that with young children, everyone is winner!) or a costume parade. (childrens costume ideas)
There are a host of child-appropriate games and activities you can play at your Halloween party, including:
- Pin the stem on the pumpkin – a spin-off of the perennial favorite, Pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey
- Bobbing for apples – great, old fashioned fun, but not for the germaphobe.
- Guess how many candy corns are in the jar – fill a glass jar (craft stores carry pumpkin-shaped ones) with candy corns and take guesses from the kids as to how many are in there. The one who comes closest wins the jar.
- Charades — older children can act out Halloween words and phrases, such as jack-o-lantern, scarecrow, trick-or-treat and more.
- Check out our craft page for more holiday ideas
- Play dough — the preschool set loves play dough, so why to whip up your own batch of bright orange dough to set out with Halloween-themed cookie cutter.
- Pumpkin carving — if you’d rather not have the mess of a multitude of real pumpkins being carved in your home, you can let party-goers design their own jack-o-lantern with cut-out paper pumpkins, black construction paper, scissors and glues sticks.
Snacks & Food
Make your little guests scream from fright and delight with these ghoulish snacks.
6 hard boiled eggs
6 oz Whipped cream cheese
7 oz Green olives — with pimientos
Red food coloring
Peel the eggs and cut them in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks. Fill the yolk hole with cream cheese. Press an olive into the cream cheese eyeball. Dip a toothpick into red food coloring and draw “broken blood vessels” in the cream cheese.
Other great Halloween nosh ideas include:
Caramel apples on a stick
Roasted pumpkin seeds
Cut-up veggies with guacamole (that green color could easily double for Halloween slime)
Worms in Dirt
Rice Krispie Ghosts
Super Mario Brothers Yoshi Fleece Kigurumi Cosplay Costume Party Halloween
Elvira Halloween Party Show Original Reels Set Of 7 extremely rare 1987 network
halloween Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein props ( party City exclusives
Target Halloween Garland Happy Halloween Skull /Cat 7 Ft Spooky Party Lot of 2
Medieval Fantasy Armor Suit for Couple Cosplay Armor Suit Halloween Party & Gift
Medieval Suit Of Armor Combat Knight Black Full Body Armour Halloween Party Gift
MEDIEVAL SUIT OF ARMOUR COSTUME FULL BODY ARMOR HALLOWEEN PARTY GIFT
Medieval Gothic Suit Of Armor Combat Black Full Body Armour Halloween Party Gift
Medieval Gothic Suit Of Armour Knight Full Body Armor Best Halloween Gift Party
SUPER RARE Antique 1910 Halloween party Banner authentic hand forged nails OLD