World Friendship Day Globe Craft for Kids
Get crafty and celebrate World Friendship Day at the same time! Your kids can show off their artsy side with this paper project. Create a paper mache globe and add pop up people. These special friends will circle the globe in a sculptural 3D way.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- Paper mache paste- Either use a boxed mix or make your own with equal parts flour, clear-drying school glue and water.
- A ball
- Construction paper
- Tempera paint- In green and blue.
- A paintbrush
- Clear-drying school glue
- Markers or crayons
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Blow up the balloon to create a mold for the globe.
- Cut or tear pieces of white construction paper into strips.
- Dip the strips into the paper mache paste. Cover the balloon with the paper completely.
- Let the balloon globe dry.
- While the globe dries, your child can draw small paper people onto another piece of paper. These are your child’s “friends.”
- Cut the friends out, leaving a small tab at the bottom of each one.
- Paint the globe with blue and green temperas.
- After the paint dries, your child can add the friends to the “world.” Fold the tabs down and glue the people to the painted paper mache.