6 Fourth of July Party Activities for Kids
Whether you’re planning a neighborhood party, a smaller backyard bash or are just having the family over, you need July Fourth activities for the kids. Before you go all out and rent a bouncy house or spend days planning elaborate carnival style games, check out these easy activity options for your July 4th party!
- Build a balloon flag. Give the kids red, white and blue balloons to tape onto a large-sized piece of cardboard. Hang the flag as part of the party décor.
- Red, white and blue beanbag toss. Use sidewalk chalk to draw a grid onto the ground. Add numbers or shapes in red, white and blue to the board. Give the kids red, white and blue beanbags to toss onto the board, matching the colors.
- Have a dance party. Put on patriotic tunes and have a backyard dance party.
- Water paint. Load up spray bottles with a mix of water and powdered tempera paint (in red, white and blue). Give the kids a canvas, an old bed sheet or cardboard to ‘spray’ paint.
- Paper fireworks. Fill washed and tried push pops with red, white and blue confetti. Cover the top with tissue paper, securing it with a piece of yarn or a ribbon. Push the pop to create a firework-like show of confetti.
- Blow bubbles. Create a fireworks display without the danger. Instead of the real deal, uses bubbles!