Flag Felt Busy Bag for Kids
With both Flag Day and the Fourth of July coming up you may be looking for a patriotic kids’ craft. Your older kiddos are all about creating realistic looking flags, portraits of famous Americans and crafts that are kind of complex. But, what about your toddler or preschooler? Little kids don’t have to feel left out. This easy felt craft is perfect for little hands and can be completely reusable. That means you can pack it away (after your child is done with the artsy play) and use it again on Memorial Day or any day!
- 1 8×10-inch craft felt sheet in white
- Red, white and blue craft felt
- A zipper baggie
- Cut stripes from the red craft felt.
- Cut a rectangle from the blue craft felt.
- Make star shapes. These don’t have to be perfect stars. You can cut tiny circles from the white craft felt.
- Place the other sheet of white craft felt (the full 8×10-inch one) on the work surface.
- Have your child press the red stripes, blue rectangle and white ‘stars’ onto the felt to create a flag.
After your child is done, fold the whole thing up and put it in the zipper baggie for storage.