July Fourth T-Shirt Craft for Kids
Create your own holiday t-shirts to celebrate the Fourth of July. This easy art activity is perfect for preschoolers and old children. Make this year’s Independence Day celebration a family event with matching shirts that you create together.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- Red, white and blue fabric paint
- Plain, washed and dried t-shirts
- Letter stencils
- Cardboard- Reuse an old box
- Masking tape
How-To Shirt Art-Making Steps
- Cover the work surface with flatten cardboard.
- Cut smaller pieces of cardboard. Place the board inside each shirt. This will prevent the paint from seeping through from one side to the other.
- Use the stencils to spell each child’s name, your last name or a July 4th message on the shirt. Tape the stencil onto the shirt. Fill in the letters with red, white and blue paint.
- Let the paint dry.
- After the letters dry, pour red, white and blue paint onto another piece of cardboard.
- Dip the paintbrush into the paint and create a design. Your child can paint patriotic polka dots, flag-like stripes and stars or splatter the colors onto the shirt.
- Again, let the paint dry.
- Turn the shirt over and paint the other side.