Kids’ Finger Paint Coloring Mixing Christmas Tree Craft
Start celebrating Christmas right now with a fun-filled family-friendly craft! This easy tree art activity is a creative way for your kiddo to practice fine motor skills, learn about the colors and make their own holiday decor.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- 8×10-inch card stock paper
- Finger paint- in the primary colors (red, yellow and blue) and white
- Paper plates
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Pour each color of finger paint onto one paper plate. If you don’t have paper plates, use pieces of recycled cardboard from the front or sides of an old box.
- Your child can mix colors to create a green Christmas tree. Let your child explore mixing each color together until they find the right combination—yellow and blue.
- Finger paint the tree onto the card stock paper. Encourage your child to create different textures (thick or thin) with the paint.
- Continue mixing colors. Your child can add a brown tree stump, light yellow star at the top of the tree or pink, orange and purple ornaments.
- Add a touch of white snow to the Christmas tree. Help your child to dot white paint onto the top or tips of the tree. They can also blend some of the white finger paint into the green, creating lighter areas.