Kids’ Thanksgiving Turkey Portrait Art
Create cute crafts for Thanksgiving. Celebrate the holiday with a turkey portrait that your pint-sized Picasso can paint! This art activity is ideal for preschoolers, kindergarten-aged children and other younger kids.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- Cardboard- Reuse the side of an old box instead of buying new board. Choose a box without lettering or damage.
- Tempera paints
- Tissue paper
- Clear-drying school glue
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Draw a turkey onto the cardboard using the markers. If your child isn’t sure where to start, ask them what shapes they see in a turkey. Start with a circle or oval for the body and add another one for the head.
- Add a face. Have your child draw the turkey’s face onto the shapes.
- Paint the turkey. Pour the temperas onto a palette or another piece of scrap cardboard. Your child can create a colorful turkey for Thanksgiving!
- Cut feathers from the tissue paper.
- Glue the feathers onto the painted turkey.
- Let the paint dry completely. Display the turkey for the holiday.
Thanksgiving Greetings Postcard Boy w Bow & Arrow Ready to Shoot Turkey, 1914
PRINCESS DIANA ULTRA RARE ORDER SERVICE BOOKLET THANKSGIVING SERVICE 2007 10year
Herbert Hoover signed document DS President Washington Thanksgiving BAS COA
Large Nataraja Golden Brass Statue Sculpture Indian Culture Thanksgiving
School Bakers Cooks Thanksgiving Dinner WWI 1918 PROGRAM ROSTER Camp Sevier
AMAZING Arthur Court TURKEY Wine/Champagne/Cooler/Ice Bucket/Tureen THANKSGIVING
15" Marble Black Top Ganesha Sculpture Mop Inlay Stone Art Thanksgiving Gift
Large Nataraja Gold Brass Statue Sculpture Indian Culture Thanksgiving
A Warm Thanksgiving Greeting - Postcard Posted 12/26/13 ~George Washington Stamp
Calvin Coolidge Signed 8x13 1928 Thanksgiving Proclamation Document JSA #BB62326