Kids’ Thanksgiving Turkey Portrait Art
Create cute crafts for Thanksgiving. Celebrate the holiday with a turkey portrait that your pint-sized Picasso can paint! This art activity is ideal for preschoolers, kindergarten-aged children and other younger kids.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- Cardboard- Reuse the side of an old box instead of buying new board. Choose a box without lettering or damage.
- Tempera paints
- Tissue paper
- Clear-drying school glue
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Draw a turkey onto the cardboard using the markers. If your child isn’t sure where to start, ask them what shapes they see in a turkey. Start with a circle or oval for the body and add another one for the head.
- Add a face. Have your child draw the turkey’s face onto the shapes.
- Paint the turkey. Pour the temperas onto a palette or another piece of scrap cardboard. Your child can create a colorful turkey for Thanksgiving!
- Cut feathers from the tissue paper.
- Glue the feathers onto the painted turkey.
- Let the paint dry completely. Display the turkey for the holiday.