New Year’s Day Goal Art Activity for Kids
Help your child to set goals for the next year with this New Year’s Day craft activity. Before you get to the art-making, discuss resolutions and goals. Your child may not necessarily have “resolutions,” but they can create goals or objectives to accomplish in the next calendar year. Talk about what changes they want to make or what they want to do in school or another area of their life. After they create a list, they’re ready to take the next step!
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- Poster board paper- Choose a light color or white paper. This will make it easier to see the resolutions or goals.
- Clear-drying school glue
- Thin paintbrushes
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Write the list of goals onto the poster board. If your child can’t write the entire list themselves, you can write it onto the paper with a pencil. Your child can trace the letters with colorful markers.
- Pour the glue onto a scrap piece of cardboard or a paper plate.
- Sprinkle glitter into the glue. Mix the two together. Your child can create different glue pools for different colors of glitter.
- Paint the glitter over the letters to make the New Year’s Day goal list sparkle.